Monday, June 1, 2009

New Yarn

Today, I purchased the supplies for the June charity knitting of a helmet liner. It's a variegated army-colors yarn. It should blend in well with the modern camo uniforms of the army. I also purchased the beginning yarn for the afghan for Afghans for Afghans. It's two shades of green for the green striped afghan. Both yarns are 100% wool. See the sidebar for the links for these projects.

I have yet to make time to sew the baby carrier. I'm too busy caring for the baby! The cut and pinned pieces are sitting beside the sewing machine.

Also, the last skein of silk/bamboo yarn is wound into a ball, and I'm starting the sleeves of the sleeper sack today. I hope to finish these sleeves quickly - this week - assuming the boys go to sleep at decent hours. If that goes well, then I should be able to start and finish the helmet liner by the 15th of this month. If I make the June deadline, then I'll have time to make another layette set for the baby, in case they make it to full term. I'm not really planning getting time for that until July. Full term would be early October for her baby, so I have plenty of time. I'm not taking on any other charity work, because I'm committed to having the afghan ready for autumn shipping. Winters start early in Afghanistan (compared to Texas) and this is the #1 charitable goal for 2009. This is the same pattern that I used in January and February for the limb wrap and lap blanket I made for disabled veterans. It will go rather quickly, once I begin, so I know I will make the deadline (unless I get detracted by other goals - again!) Here I was thinking that I'd have little demand for my charity knitting at New Year's resolutions. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment